1: How did you manage the group dynamics, equipment and resources, interim deadlines and the necessary collaborative nature of film making?
- I am not in a group, so I manage myself and it functioned pretty good until now. Concerning equipment and resources, it wasn't too complicated as well. I used my own equipment under some conditions given by Mrs. Downes, and shooting permissions were given for every location I wanted to work in. I have been able to stay within the deadlines and was handing in everything on time.
2: What health and safety and logistical problems did you solve?
- The only problem I had was how to get four boys who were up to star their role for one day.
Fortunately I had the opportunity to do my work during Leave-out week-end, so everyone had time and nothing else to do than to help me with media. I haven't had the logistical problem of lending a camera over the week-end because I used as I already mentioned above my own stuff.
3: How did you organize your human resources – the people involved in the production?
- I used the psychological vector called "boredom". My shooting over the week-end on a nearly empty campus way interpreted as an entertainment therapy by my actors. That motivation made everything easier and the actors were playing their roles in a convincing way.
4: How did you manage actors, locations, costumes and props? Remember that deciding NOT to use a particular strategy [e.g. not to use any props] is also a creative decision.
- I had two locations. A roundabout and a room in our san. However both of them had massive inconvenients as I realized during editing. The room in the san has a too high resonance what means that spoken dialogues sound very artificial and not pure. Especially the echo is particularly annoying, but I had no choice. The roundabout is the perfect location - except the fact that we're 2K away from the RAF-Lossiemouth implies that jets are flying over the campus in very short intervals. I had a lot of good shots, but I must do a cutdown in the end and sometimes it will be quiet and sometimes you'll able to hear the noise of the jet-engines.
5: How did storyboarding and creating a shooting script work in practice? Did you make creative decisions to depart from the original plan? For what reasons and with what outcomes?
- I a certain way storyboards have no meaning for me because I like to improvise. Of course you can design some nice shots and angles but technically factors like lighting or wind or weather as well as the environment influence my final choice massively
6: Although time management may seem a less exciting aspect of the creative media practice, it is possibly the most important – how did you manage your time, and with what success?
- I'm on time because I work effectively.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment